Statistics for Psychologists
At AI-Therapy we know the importance of applying sound statistical analysis when evaluating clinical
data. Statistics allow us to identify the therapies that really work,
as opposed to those that just appear to. In fact, statistics is at the core of what makes psychology
a scientific discipline.
Statistics for Psychologists is a collection of web-based statistical analysis tools,
visualizations and online calculators that we have found to be useful in our research. The primary
- Accessible: There is no need to install anything on your computer - all you need is a
modern web browser and an internet connection. Commercial statistical packages, such as SPSS and SAS, can be expensive
and overly complicated for the needs of many students and independent researchers. The tools here are
free and easy to use.
- Intuitive explanations: Where possible, we try to give clear and concise explanations
of the fundamental ideas.
- Unification of results: With existing tools you often need to conduct a number
of different tests in order to get the results you need. We collate relevant
tests and results into a single page so you only have to enter your data once.
For example, hypothesis testing includes:
- Descriptive statistics of input data
- Automatic testing of assumptions for parametric tests
- Effect sizes
- Graphs with 95% confidence intervals
- Test details, including the test statistic, degrees of freedom, p-value, etc.
- Compatible with Excel: There's no need to re-type your data. Just highlight your data,
and copy and paste it from your spreadsheet (or CSV file) into one of our data collection
- Sharing: It's easy to send your results to your colleagues -
just send them the link provided with the analysis.
If you have any comments, or ideas about
new features that would be useful for your research, please